The aim of IHSA is to strengthen and advance a global network of universities, specialised research centres, inter-governmental and non governmental organisations in order to enhance a better alignment between knowledge, policy and practice in resolving humanitarian crises.
To achieve this aim, IHSA shall support activities to:
- secure and develop institutional and personal contacts between humanitarian scholars policymakers and practitioners throughout the world;
- convene meetings and regularly scheduled world conferences;
- encourage the international dissemination and exchange of information on developments in the humanitarian field;
- facilitate and promote international research in the humanitarian field;
- prepare and disseminate publications on topics relevant to work field of the IHSA.
A major IHSA activity is facilitating the World Conference of Humanitarian Studies every two years.
Photo credit: ISAF Media from flickr.com under the Creative Commons License